The FIRST challenge for this year was called Recycle Rush. The challenge included stacking totes and cans as high as possible and capping the stacks with cans and noodles. For a more detailed description, see the game reveal video.
- 3 Tote: This year our best autonomous program is designed for creating a Tote Stack (20 points) as well as being part of a Robot Set (4 points). Throughout the course of 8 matches, we plan to get 192 points from this autonomous alone.
- 2 Tote: We also have the capability to start with the middle tote and stack it on the left one and move into the auto zone for a more reliable option. If another robot is able to push the right tote over the scoring structure into the zone, that would achieve both a Tote Set (6 pt) and a Robot set (4 pt).
- 1 Tote: A highly reliable and likely to be seldom used mode we can use to move both 1 tote and ourself into the auto zone if another alliance member has an even more reliable 2 Tote Autonomous mode.
- Straight Drive: A mode that can be set solely to drive forward if an alliance member has a very reliable 3 Tote stacking mode just in hopes of achieving a Robot Set (4 pt)
We scored very high this year. Our robot could create a stack of 4 totes in just 45 seconds, and add a Can and Noodle in another 15. At this rate, we could create two stacks of 4, topping both with a can/noodle combo.
- Stack of 4 = 8 pt
- Recycle Can = x3
- Noodle = +6 pt
- Stack total = 30 pt
- Teleop Total = 60 pt
- Coopertition = 40 pt
- Autonomous = 24 pt
- Total = 124 points
A perfect match on our own, apart from other robots needed to complete the Robot set and the Coopertition stack, would fetch a grand total of 124 points in under two and a half minutes!
- Place Coopertition Stack: After creating a 3 Tote autonomous stack, we can quickly and easily unstack and relocate it to the Step first thing in Teleop and then resume stacking.
- Retrieve Feeder Station Totes: We have a choice of either overturning a sideways tote that has come out of the feeder station unaffected or parking under the station to prevent the tote from ending up on its side. Both options take under 5 seconds.
- Place Can with Noodle on Stack of 4: We can easily fetch a upright or sideways can, get a noodle from the feeder station and place it on a 4-level stack in under 15 seconds to triple the stack score and add 6 points.
- Overturn Upside Down Totes: In the chance that run out of available upright totes from the landfill and feeder station, we can flip over upside down totes twice and start stacking them in under 10 seconds.
- Overturn Recycling Cans: Due to the hooks on the ends of our bucket lifter, we are able to upright an overturned can in under 5 seconds.
- Retrieve Totes and Cans from Step: If all totes in front of the Step are cleared, we are able to scoop up both totes and cans with ease.